Sunday, April 29, 2012

yogurt mmmmmm

I've been having fun with the dehydrator up at the main house.  There are a few ways to make yogurt and I learned a new one from Melanie.  I love how it is coming out - perfect for Indian curries and sauces!  And I am so lucky to have this raw goat milk  to make it with.  We have an abundance right now so I'm experimenting with flavors and making extra for all the beautiful people who work on the farm.  I've made strawberry, peach maple, and pear cardamom.  
You need:  
- 1 gallon raw milk
- 1 pint of plain yogurt (from the store or from your last batch)
- 10 pint glass canning jars with lids
Put 1 1/2 tbsp of yogurt in each jar.  Fill with milk and secure lid.  Put in the dehydrator on the yogurt setting (115 degrees) for 10 to 12 hours.  And that's it!  You can add flavorings if you want - I haven't experienced any problems with adding ingredients yet.
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment